Friday, September 21, 2007

Fighting insanity

My olfactory hallucinations are back ...

They started about 7 years ago on a trip to San Francisco. I could smell this smell that can best be described as "almost but not quite like coffee". They returned on a handful of occasions since then and most recently returned two days ago and are still with me.

The smell is not unpleasant, or worrying, just weird.

I can't really explain it any better than "coffee" although it is more of a sensation of smelling coffee. When I smell real coffee it doesn't compare very well. I have done smell tests on my skin, my clothes, at home and at work, no one else smells it - am I going insane ? Perhaps the part of my brain responsible for smell is slowly decaying.

Oh well, there must be worse way to go than along with the smell of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment