Monday, October 01, 2007

Looking for Testosterone

Strange things have been happening to me
  1. The other day on riding home from work I decided to take "the scenic route", along the north down through some National Trust property. What is more - I lingered, taking in the view of Surrey country side enjoying the solitude and feeling the wind wiping up the hill-side. I noticed the birds, greeted the odd dog walker and otherwise behaved in a totally uncharacteristic manner. Typically my trips to and from work are competitive affairs, either improving on my own time, beating the bus or luring unsuspecting cars into a wedge opportunity in a narrow lane around an old church.
  2. I have a heightened sense of smell. The other day I could smell the odorless moisturizer Annalise was wearing. This in addition the almost constant smell of "what might be coffee." (See my post regarding pending insanity)
  3. I am sick and tired of the upstairs tiling - I honesty think I would sooner be part of a sewing circle.
  4. If I shut my eyes during my shower each morning, after my cycle into work, I can believe that I am washing my hair in the Amazon rain-forest, in the purest of water surrounded by butterflies and orchids.
This all begs the questions:
  1. Do I have an Estrogen/Testosterone imbalance ?
  2. Am I turning into a collaborative woman and eschewing mindless competitiveness ?
  3. Will I be wearing roses and perfume shortly ?
  4. Should any of this worry me ?
  5. If I am turning into a woman - will I be a lesbian ?
  6. Who does one turn to for help and will they take "excuse me but I can now smell things and I don't compete with buses" seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:05 pm

    And what's worse! - You seem to be fast approaching the menopause!

    ReplyDelete