Monday, October 15, 2007

The monologues

So Annalise is going to see the Vagina Monologues tomorrow night with some friends. I am gutted and hurt that I am not invited.

It's a one night showing so no chance of going to see it on another night and the idea of going by myself just cries out "desperate and looking to meet women".

So the best I can hope for is a second hand account, and one filtered through a woman's perspective. No scope for intelligent, open minded discussion there then!

Would I have interpreted the collective work as a "blast of hatred against men and heterosexuality" or something more revealing of the what is means to be a woman?

Will they censor the line "Is was a good rape"?

Will those monologues dealing with violence and oppression outweigh those dealing with loving relationships (both heterosexual and lesbian).

But no it seems the absence of a vagina means that I'll never know the answers to these questions.

Oh did I mention that I am gutted and hurt ......

No comments:

Post a Comment