Saturday, August 25, 2007

Flying

This afternoon was perfect flying weather. I took my camera and aircraft out to the flying field.

I loved watching this amble around the sky while soaking up the sun.



My first landing was a little rough but I think it was caused a broken nose wheel linkage - or did it work loose as a result of bad landing ?

During my next flight I was practicing landing approaches when I decided to abort a landing so I could go round again. It must have looked quite chaotic from the side lines. A perfect approach and then from less than a metre above the runway I applied full throttle and full up on the elevator, followed by hard down on the elevator to prevent the stall, hit the runway hard, cut the engine, bounced a couple of metres high before "landing" very hard. Only damage was a bent undercarriage and dented ego.

These aircraft were a little harder to catch within the camera viewfinder.






I spent half an hour this evening getting the plane air worthy for either tomorrow or for the Bank holiday Monday. We are also trying get a climbing trip in this weekend as well.

The rest of the pictures are here

No comments:

Post a Comment