Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lessons of the day
  • When coming in to land at the local model flying club use the large oak tree to line up for the final cross-wind turn before landing.
  • When making fudge pour the fudge into the tray before it starts to set - it pours easier and sets evenly.
I soloed this morning - ie a take off and landing without assistance. I had three flights Wednesday, another three yesterday afternoon and today I was determined to land without help. Oddly after completing this milestone the world remained much the same as before - the birds still chirped, the clouds continued to drift across sky and there were no choirs of angles nor throngs of groupies wanting an autograph. Was this a hollow goal all along ?

Tonight was my turn to cook as part of the cooking competition. Curry with fudge for desert. Finally I produced fudge that looked like fudge and not pieces of mud scrapped off the ground. The curry is a dish I often make although because recipes are tedious, like "colouring in between the lines" it never tastes quite the same.

Voting is on Monday night after Annalise's dish.

Back at work tomorrow :-(

Bike is pumped, just need to locate my security pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment