Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fudge - (*&(^*^$%$%"*&&*^

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp butter
  • 1 tsp syrup

Melt in sauce pan, heat until 112C - drop blob in water and when it forms a soft blob then pour into pan to cool.

How hard can this be ? First batch - toffee. Ah maybe I heated it to much. Second batch, burnt and failed to set !

This has cost me credibility as a chef - should I be suing the receipe publisher for lost of status within the family ?

Anyway how did anyone ever stumble onto the recipe and process for making fudge - it is not like tea or cooked meat that can happen by accident ?

My head and body still hurt from the tree yesterday (slept badly). Today is mothers day here in the UK today and I did eat a large quantity of Roses chocolates - these seemed much more effective than the pain killers. Possible treatment for brain trauma - chocolate ?

No comments:

Post a Comment