Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Croquet - the slippery slope to a wheel-chair

Until a month ago I had never ever lost a game of croquet. In fact I had never even played that game, except for one occasion several years ago when we accidental broke a hoop, by bashing it into hard ground, while on a rural retreat. We then had to secrete the equipment back into the shed so as to not incur the wrath of the surly games keeper.

I am not sure which of the following is the most disturbing:

1. That I am now routinely invited to play the game during lunch times
2. That I have on several occasions I have accepted said invitation
3. That when playing I have a strong desire not just to win but the thrash my opponents.
4. That I have now lost several games of croquet
5. That with my right arm crippled by a repetitive stress injury (mousing), I am now only invited for croquet games. No tennis, no lunch time swimming (as though I would drown), no lunch time run (do I run on my hands ?)
6. That this might be a slippery slope to joining the chess ladder or bridge club.

If only my arm would improve enough so I can push iron over in gym.

I have looked for, but not found, a version of Wii Croquet. It is probably much to dangerous - imagine what might have happened if these people had been playing croquet - Serious Wii Injury

No comments:

Post a Comment