Saturday, July 28, 2007

It flies

This morning at around 8:23am I read the last page of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

This afternoon at around 3:10pm my plane flew.

It took off did several circuits before landing. This is a trainer - the aircraft equivalent of riding a bike with training wheels attached but it seemed miraculous that something I had constructed could fly.

Picture of plane




This is the airfield of the Leatherhead model flying club. The trees and the river seem much more menacing and the field much smaller when an aeroplane is at stake.

I now have my life back - no need at stay up until 2am each night.

Tomorrow is Sophie's birthday - Lunch, Shopping, ears pieced (it was either this or sky diving and turns out she needs to be 18), Simpson's movie, dinner and family board games with DVD. Seems like a lifetime since her party last Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment