Friday, July 20, 2007

Worry and Fear

Annalise called me at work today - the doctor had referred her to the hospital for tests. I didn't have the car so she fetched me en route to the hospital. Turns out she is scheduled for a CT scan tonight and will be in hospital overnight - this in addition to the afternoon's chest X-rays and blood tests.

Tonight is also Sophie's birthday party and she has four loud, excitable friends over for a sleep-over - they are pretty much chocolated-out after a chocolate fondue. We didn't know all the phone numbers or we would have cancelled. Did I mention they are noisy and excitable. I am cowering in the kitchen.

I am thinking of trying to pick up a Harry Potter book at mid-night and smuggle it into the hospital to Annalise but this would mean leaving the monsters, sorry girls, by themselves. Perhaps I can convince them to all come with - that way we can get five books (one per customer).

Emily and Stephen are strangely united tonight - a combination of shared fear of the guests and their Mom being in hospital.

1 comment: