Monday, July 16, 2007

The end of the Internet

It had to happen some-time, but why tonight ?

We are still without TV and I had read everything from our bookcase that appealed to me and so I found myself catching up on email and surfing the usual places; news channels (BBC, CNN, NY Times), Slashdot.org, www.theonion.com and a few others - To save you the trouble I can summarise these for you - Russian diplomats expelled from UK (I think they will think twice before subjecting anyone else to radiation poisoning), a nuclear reactor leaked in Japan, the US department of Lost and found has found a Slip-Slop and MIT has developed fearless mice (gee these are going to be useful - perhaps they will be brave enough to roam around the kitchen after dark)

Anyway after reading ALL this I realised I had seen the entire INTERNET, I frantically re-visited all my bookmarks (been there), also my http://del.icio.us bookmarks but sadly I had seen them all.

If only I had rationed my use of this resource. We can't go on like this every day consuming more and more of the INTERNET. Part of the problem is caused by ADSL lines instead of DSL broadband - people are reading far more than they are writing.

It is a sad, sad day. Please use the precious resource sparingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment